Friday, July 23, 2010

who?

I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different. ~ Leonard Shelby from Memento
Even though we naturally accept that we cannot know everything there is to know in the world, it's harder to swallow that we can never wholly know ourselves. But our thoughts are private for a reason and we need to constantly evaluate the ones we do acknowledge. Integrity of thoughts lead to integrity of actions.
And if thou say anything aloud, [He hears it] since, behold, He knows [even] the secret [thoughts of man] as well as all that is yet more hidden [within him]. ~Holy Quran 20:7

No comments:

Post a Comment