Thursday, July 22, 2010

a name

Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; leave me my name! ~John Proctor from The Crucible by Arthur Miller
The fragility of my reputation rests not only in my actions but in the actions of others around me. Protecting the integrity of a name demands integrity in my doings but also in the access I grant those around me to things I should hold sacred.
O ye who believe! avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: and spy not on each other nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay ye would abhor it...but fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning Most Merciful. ~The Holy Quran 49:12

No comments:

Post a Comment